Macarons and tea, Meester Bond?

Macarons at the Club House with Speciality Teas

It has been over three years since I hit a golf ball. Blame it on back problems but now I’ve no excuse. As a Scot it should be in my blood but truth be told, I couldn’t even remember how to hold a club! So, this month I went looking for Eric, my patient golf teacher extraordinaire at the Ile Fleury Club. It’s a wonderfully friendly place that boasts a 9-hole course with the prettiest views on the Ile des Impressionists in Chatou on the River Seine.

I must have driven Eric insane; ‘in-Seine’, more like. As the course is on an island, I’ve whacked so many balls in the River Seine that I’m sure its level rises when I’m around. Dangerous practise, indeed.

Indeed Mr. Bond. Pierce Brosnan was here recently filming his upcoming romantic movie, Love is All You Need. My good friend, Emmanuelle, confirmed what a gentleman he is – even if he did refuse to drink her coke. My friends at the club also had their photo taken with him.  I’m trying not to sound jealous but humph! ‘Pierce is all I need’ to discuss golf tactics, movies and macarons, peut-être.

Mamma Mia! Golf is starting to play in my mind. Are the colour of these lemon meringue macarons from the book fluorescent enough? My golf balls need to be bright in Autumn since I can never find them hidden under the leaves!

Why do my pink golf balls hide in the rough?

What about hitting goûter time or Quatre Heures at the 10th hole club house with some macarons? Ideally with speciality ‘tees’; of course.

macarons and different tees

And if you haven’t got the macaron book yet, you’ll be glad to know that speciality teas are suggested with each macaron flavour. Oo-long shot for a 7 iron! Get it?

Macarons and tea, Meester Bond?

Come back to the golf course, Pierce. You forgot your macarons at the club house! And there’s no need to do the course on macarons – it’s all mentioned clearly in the book.

Are you ready to hit goûter time with tea and macarons?

1. Juliana
    Juliana says:

Lovely colors and flavors of macaroons…I yet have to try to bake them. Oh! The picture of the mac on the gold course are awesome Jill.
    Hope you are enjoying your week 🙂

I used to tag along my dad to practice swings. No, I’ve never been on the golf course before but I enjoy hitting for fun. I did with my husband too before kids, then after that, I completely stopped. I’m so happy to hear you enjoy playing golf, and you made me smile once again with matchy color macarons with golf balls!!!

3. Parsley Sage
    Parsley Sage says:

Oolong. That made me cackle 🙂

I’m glad you’re back into the golfing-spirit…although, I agree that a little more Pierce on the green would definitely improve one’s game!

4. Maureen | Orgasmic Chef
    Maureen | Orgasmic Chef says:

I haven’t played golf since I left university – how bad is that? Not as bad as a Scot I suspect. 🙂 I must try the lemon meringue macarons next. Those look stunning.

and honestly, everyone should own that book!

5. Hester @ Alchemy in the Kitchen
    Hester @ Alchemy in the Kitchen says:

My mother has tried to get the golf bug to bite me but no joy yet – I don’t know my birdies from my bogeys – although I’m pretty hooked on pitch n putt. However… if I could be guaranteed such gorgeous macarons at every tee, I’d be there! Pierce would be a bonus, but the macarons would be the main attraction. Jill, your styling is AH-MAY-ZING! Quelle imagination!

Thanks. Just a bit o’ fun, Hester. I don’t know the bogey stuff much either – just an excuse to hit a few balls and release some energy!

6. June S
    June S says:

These macaron shots are better than par, even better than birdies. Surprised they weren’t there to eat them up.

I bet Pierce would come back for one of your macarons…and he’d love chatting with my favorite Scottish Parisian:) At least you one “knew” how to hold a club…you’ve got one up on me, my friend! Such fun colors…and I’m certain they’re delicious, too~

8. Kim - Liv Life
    Kim - Liv Life says:

I know what you mean!! I took lessons for 7 months so I could play in the school tournament. It was me, a golf pro lady, and all the dads. But I had a blast!! I came in last place, but I didn’t hit anyone, and our team actually use 4 of my shots. I’d call that a success!! So all that money on golf lessons, I played the one tournament and then never picked up a club again. My golf pro, Don, has a standing offer to get me back in the game, and if Pierce were to ever play at my course I would be there!
    LOVE the mac shots on the rough!!!

Kim, by the sound of it, it’s high time you Don-ned your golf gear and got back to the game. No tournament this time, just playing for fun. Fun? Golf? It’s a love-hate relationship…

Interesting, thanks. She also fell in love with macarons ‘at first bite’! Love it. My sentiments exactly – these little ‘cookies’ are not like making cookies, demanding a little more attention, but boy are they worth it! We LOVE them!

9. Vicki Bensinger
    Vicki Bensinger says:

Oh Jill this was hilarious. I’m sure the River isn’t any higher although I can relate. Years ago back in my high school days I was at a putting range – swung the club too hard and it came all the way around and hit me in the back of the head. I was very limber in those days. Knocked me to the ground and haven’t picked up a club since.

These macaron though look spectacular and huge. I’d hate to hit those with my club though but would be fun to have as a treat prior to settng a golf ball down. A great way to literally eat on the run so to speak. Fun post!

No wonder you haven’t picked up a club since then, Vicki. Sounds like you were extremely flexible if you swung it all the way around. I can’t even do it 180°!

10. Tony
    Tony says:

This is an amazing post, full of colors, full of humor, just when the weather is no longer supportive is EXACTLY what we need 🙂 for those who don’t follow this blog, please give them the URL as this is the best medicine for a happy autumn !

Thank you Tony. I don’t do much promotion with my URL these days since it’s so time consuming but if you want to spread the URL around, please be my guest… 😉