macaron-stack-multicolour

Stacking Up with Macarons for Christmas

I’m hopping mad today.  Just as I was casually showing off last week to my French parents-in-law during their stay that my back was great – ‘never felt better; I’m as fit as a fiddle, look at me while scraping up the leaves’ – my back strings pinged yesterday. Thank goodness for painkillers but let’s hope that clever osteopath (with the fancy carpeted staircase and classical music in the waiting room overlooking the Arc de Triomphe) can sort me out this afternoon otherwise I’ll, I’ll, I’ll …
… cry also at the painful bill.

Could this be Mad About Macarons’ book spine?

Perhaps my spine has simply turned into a stack of macarons since the book came out? A sweet stack of five chocolate and exotic fruit macarons, please, for our 4 o’ clock goûter. Turn to page 89 for the recipe but speaking of stacks, we hit 3333 new macaron ‘likers’ on Facebook. That’s a delicious stack of macaronivores, don’t you think?

A few weeks ago, when we hit 2222 likes, I couldn’t resist playing with the lego macs to represent it in macaron stack form too and to see our newly painted kitchen. Well, I just did one wall.

It’s turning into a habit. Hm. 2235? We even had some chocolate-caramel macarons left to do it, although we were far too greedy to wait for that stack of five to stay put. This is the kids not me… I’m way too busy to be playing around, ahem. You see, I keep promising that manuscript for book two but without a strict deadline, I keep adding more sweet macarons and pastries and joking around. I’m needing a teacher to say STOP!

I wonder when we’ll hit 4444 likers (my speller here prefers lickers)?  If it’s what I hear that things will be changing with Facebook, it may be a long time. So if you wish to continue following the mad macaron antics on Facebook, apparently you just need to click on the right tab on the page (next to the Like tab) ‘Add to interest list‘ and that’s you set. Don’t forget you can opt out at any moment.

Don’t forget also that you can freeze your macarons! Make them now in advance, stock up your macaron ‘freezer bank’ and they’ll be great in time for Christmas.  What flavours of macarons do you fancy making?

Happy St Andrews Day to all our Scottish friends. Check out Jacqueline’s How to be a Gourmand Scottish round-up to celebrate. At least I have a great excuse for the other single malty kind of painkiller this weekend!

1. Carol-Ann
    Carol-Ann says:

Hello Jill!
    Antoine offered us some of your delicious macarons!
    Thank you so very much, they’re just perfect!

Oh, I’m sorry that your back is acting up again…phooey! And I had to giggle as you’re stacking macarons instead of working on your manuscript…I would be doing the same!!!

PS…love seeing your FB fans skyrocket!

3. Pierre
    Pierre says:

Love all the stacks, Jill. That pile of 5 chocolate ones is great fun! Glad to see you haven’t lost your sense of humour and still making macs on FB!

4. Brooks
    Brooks says:

Jill, I had to chuckle at the book spine crack! Wouldn’t it be lovely if your back would straighten out as easily as restacking those delish macs? I wish you a quick return to a pain-free existence. Congratulations, too, for the Likes.

5. Vicki Bensinger
    Vicki Bensinger says:

So sorry to hear about your back. Hopefully you can find out the root of the problem so you can treat it properly. The older we get it seems the little things we use to do now bother parts of our body we never felt before. Thank goodness for Advil!

Congrats on all your followers – that’s HUGE! I hope all your wishes come through this holiday.

Back to the osteo today. He’s a wizard. Been cricked back I think. Yes, holidays. Gosh, they are soon! Keep taking the other kind of medicine 😉 Thanks, Vicki.

6. Sandra's Easy Cooking
    Sandra's Easy Cooking says:

Oh Jill, I am so sorry about your back and I hope the pain will go away soon. I know it s not pleasant feeling at all.
    Congrats on so many likes..you deserve more and I wish you more likes!!!!! Stay well, and rest!

Congrats on the achievement on Facebook likers! You really should continue this – 4444 next and then 5555 with your beautiful macarons!

So sorry to hear about your back. I went to my guy (yes I pick a guy on purpose since ladies tend to use just fingers to massage which is too painful) at the same massage place in Taiwan. I keep going to him every year and it’s been 6-7 years. My body is the best condition now after visiting him 3 times in 10 days. Hope your person can fix and remove the pain. If I become rich, I don’t need a private chef, I need my massage guy living in. Anyway, hope your pain is not too serious this time… Sending you positive energy!

Thank you! The 5 will be difficult, as you can see, Nami! Great fun though. Live in massage guy? Hey, I wonder if Santa could organise this? Glad you found the right person for you. I have too, even if it was a tad embarrassing today! But looks like he’s put me right in the next few days.

Merci. I am much better after the osteo had me stand and wait in my knickers while he took 2 long ‘phone calls and then he put my coccyx back in place. You don’t want to know how THAT was done! Not your typical afternoon…
      You’ve got to smile – ah, la vie en France, eh? :-))

8. Cupcake Crusher
    Cupcake Crusher says:

Poor you!
    I really hope your back gets better…
    I think it’s wonderful how you manage to keep your bubbly sense of humour whatever happens.

Those macarons are colourful and perfect as usual!

My X-Mas wish would be to be like you.

Awe – thank you so much! You don’t want to be like me, an old fogey with a crooked spine but as long as you have a sense of humour… 😉