What are the equivalent UK cooking terms in the US?
- Take a look at this handy UK/US cooking term glossary
This is more European in Style. Where can I find some of the ingredients and utensils?
- List of ingredient stockists
- Utensils & kitchen implements
- Beginners may find this macaron template useful to start with, as you get the hang of the piping bag. Thereafter, you’ll manage it easily freehand.
- For our American friends, measurements are given in grams. In order to attain better results, the macaron recipe needs to be measured by weight, not volume (like most pastries.)
Who do I contact for Press/Media queries?
- Please email Liz Small at Waverley Books: email@example.com
Do you demonstrate how to make macarons?
- I do give the occasional workshop. If you’re interested, just drop me a mail.
Otherwise, I do chocolate-macaron walks in Paris with Context Travel (online booking here.)
- See blog post on my demonstration at Aye Write’s Book Festival in Glasgow, March 2012.
- See my live TV debut, making rose macarons on STV’s magazine programme, The Hour, for a St Valentine’s Day Special. Please be kind, as this was live TV! I was also nervous about bumping into James Blunt who was later being interviewed on the programme… swoon…
Can I share your recipe on my website or blog?
The macaron recipes in the book are copyright and Waverley Books by law has the copyright and license to publish it. Waverley Books have asked that I don’t post my macaron recipes on the website as they prefer you buy the book.
We would be delighted with your coverage of macarons and the book on your site. Please just give us the credit! Cite ”Mad About Macarons!” (Waverley Books) and link up to MadAboutMacarons.com.
If you wish to use the recipe from the book, please contact Liz Small at Waverley Books (firstname.lastname@example.org) first for permission. Otherwise, if you wish to link to my other recipes on the site, then please just let me know and give me credit. My name is Jill. Jill Colonna; that’s Colonna with one L and 2 Ns. Thank you, merci.
If you would like to see a sample recipe, visit Pippa Middleton’s website, The Party Times for a Basic Macaron Recipe. I shouldn’t really tell you about it, but I can’t resist doing some serious name-dropping here.
Where can I buy Mad About Macarons?
Now released in the USA & Canada
Also available from The Book Depository (free delivery worldwide).
Available in all good bookshops in the UK
Update: Macaron friends in India recommend Flipkart for ordering the book online.
Bookshops in the rest of the world
Bookshops can obtain copies from Gardners.com. If you don’t have a Booksellers Account with them, contact us at Waverley Books or BookSource. Bookstores in the USA and Canada can obtain copies from Interlink Publishing.
Otherwise available online from Amazon and other online suppliers
I’m a Bookshop/Trade customer in the UK. How do I order?
If you do not have an account with BookSource, please contact email@example.com.
One of your questions not answered here?
Check out specific macaron questions on the Readers’ Forum
where I’m happy to answer you!