A quick, light and easy dessert that can either be served at parties in little shot glasses or for dinner parties by using non-stick silicone moulds. When ready to serve, sprinkle with ground pistachios and serve with sliced oranges, toasted pinenuts and sprigs of mint for a Moroccan-style version. Needless to say, serve with orange blossom macarons (see page 77).
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Chilling Time: 2 hours
3 gelatine leaves (2g each)
400 ml organic single cream
100 ml orange flower water
4 tbsps caster sugar
1 cinnamon stick
- Soak the gelatine in cold water for 5-6 minutes.
- Heat together the cream and orange flower water in a pan with the cinnamon stick and the sugar.
- Remove the cinnamon stick. Squeeze in the gelatine and stir to dissolve into the warm cream.
- Pour into shot glasses or into silicone moulds (here I’m using briochette moulds).
- Leave to cool in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, run the underside of the moulds briefly in warm water then carefully place them directly on the serving plates.