Wow. I am totally flattered and bowled over. A Monotonous Monday was turned into an exciting day when I received word from Manu from Manu’s Menu that she’d honoured me with some blog awards. Grazie Mille!
Not only am I brimming with pride as it comes from Manu (if you don’t already know her blog, you soon will: it’s full of the most incredibly delicious Italian dishes with step-by-step how-to-do-it recipes) BUT it’s not just one award, it’s several! It’s also my second Lovely Blog Award, so I am really so happy, merci beaucoup! I’m amazed that people are reading what I’m posting!
Also a huge thank you to Thoma from Kitchen Morph (check out her exotic curries, jacky chips & pineapple desserts, for example…) and Erin from Big Fat Baker (showing you how to make biscotti, homemade vanilla, oreos and fruity crostata…). They both passed on The Sisterhood award, too. I can’t get over how it’s such a close community in the blogging world and in such a short time of blogging, I’ve been lucky enough to make lovely new foodie friends and share in our passions in cooking/baking. It’s an honour to be a part of it all. Excuse this long line but I don’t know how to put it all together in a table in this editor!
In keeping with the award traditions, Erin and Thoma asked me to share 7 things about myself so here goes:
7 extra wee things about myself:
- As a teenager, I was obsessed about Princess Diana. I asked for the same haircut and even used to look in the mirror to try and perfect her shy regal glance to the side…
- I’m a perfectionist and drive my family crazy with it.
- I adore driving but I’m the worst front seat passenger EVER. Ask my husband.
- Scary films are just not my cup of tea: I’m the most helpless scaredy-cat and cry easily.
- OK. I’m also SO sensitive.
- If you catch me playing Beethoven on the piano, don’t speak to me. I’m just in a bad mood.
- One of my favourite games is blind tasting wines. I love wine so much that I even did a diploma to have an excuse for my favourite hobby.
And now this part is difficult: to nominate 15 Award Recipients. The following are just some of my favourite bloggers who are not only fun to read and include fabulous recipes but they’re also the most lovely bloggers who are supportive with comments and make it all seem worthwhile. I wish I could add more…
Biren from Roti n Rice
Brandie from The Country Cook
Carolyn from Dream About Food
Choclette from Chocolate Log Blog
Christiane from The Mom Chef, Taking on Magazines One Recipe at a Time
Felice from All That’s Left are the Crumbs
Joshua at Just Eat!
Kate from Diethood
Lisa from Tarte du Jour
Lyndsey from Vanilla Clouds and Lemon Drops
Magic of Spice from The Ardent Epicure
Ms Chief from Spinney’s Cauldron
Nami from Just One Cookbook
Pauline from Mrs Mulford’s Cakes
Ping from Ping’s Pickings